If you are looking for a rewarding opportunity in conservation and agriculture, The Livestock Conservancy is the place for you! You will be at the forefront of saving heritage farm animals from extinction, and supporting small family farmers who are at the grassroots of on-farm conservation.
We are looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks at The Livestock Conservancy headquarters in Pittsboro, North Carolina. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our managers and employees, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities.
• Answer and direct phone calls
• Serve as the organization’s first point of contact for internal and external clients
• Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
• Support Information Manager in maintaining constituent information
• Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
• Submit and reconcile expense reports
• Support logistics for events and meetings
• Fulfill requests for The Livestock Conservancy trade show display and promotional materials
• Order office supplies and research new deals and suppliers
• Other general office support including sorting, distributing and preparing mail, copying, filing and organizing documents, travel, meeting, and other arrangements for Executive Director and other senior staff, and providing other administrative support to staff as needed
• Proven experience as an Administrative Assistant, Virtual Assistant, or Office Admin Assistant
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Data management experience with ability to produce reports
• Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
• Strong computer skills including G-suite, MS Office, Constant Contact or similar.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skill
• Sensitivity in handling confidential information.
• High School degree plus 2 years’ experience as an office administrative professional
• Full-time work hours of 40 hours per week
• Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods
• Occasional weekend or evening work may be required
• $14 - $17 per hour
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will not be considered without these two pieces.
No phone calls please.
Timeline for hire: accepting applications through early June. hire date mid July.
note: We do not offer medical insurance yet. Staff may open and contribute to a 403b.