May 22, 2018
The Conservancy is seeking a Marketing Associate to coordinate marketing campaigns benefiting small livestock farms. Candidates should have strong communication and relationship building skills and be able to bring together people that have diverse interests and viewpoints.
The right candidate will work with the Conservancy, its partners, and farmers to research, develop, and implement three marketing projects on heritage breed products. The first would be a national campaign promoting heritage wool and fiber; the second develop a comprehensive marketing strategy for farmers in the Northeast to sell heritage breed products through existing channels, and the third element would collect production data on dairy cattle.
A successful candidate would be ready to network with food organizations, retailers, farmers, shepherds, butchers, cheesemakers, and other experts. They should be ready to research current markets, surveys and interview farmers, develop educational materials and coordinate social media engagement. They should have a passion for marketing and a proven track record of project coordination.
Successful Candidates will need:
• 2 years marketing experience, preferably in promoting local food, fiber, or other related products
• A proven track record of successfully handling multiple projects with diverse partners
• A history of building relationships
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail
• Analytical and critical thinking skills
• Be able to take initiative and work independently
• Be proficient in MS Office, especially Excel
• Hands-on experience with farming or livestock a plus
The position is temporary, budgeted for 32 hours per week through June 2019 at $15-$23 per hour, depending upon experience. If successful, additional hours may be available.
Email cover letter and resume to A Thompson No phone calls please. This job closes June 15, 2018.
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.