• Plan and implement specific conservation activities for the Chicks in the Classroom Program
• Develop and maintain relationships with breeders, agricultural extension and 4-H collaborators, and schools
• Work closely with program staff to help expand the program and help with logistics including delivery and pick up of eggs and chicks
• Assist with the development of grant proposals, reports and project evaluations that will help to further expand the program.
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent people skills
• Data management skills with ability to produce reports.
• Strong organizational and library research skills, and attention to detail.
• Ability to manage time, coordinate diverse activities, meet multiple deadlines, and work both independently and as part of a team.
Preferred Skills and Training:
The successful candidate will have some will have a demonstrated ability to coordinate work with external collaborators. Experience with poultry breeding and husbandry is preferred. In addition, the candidate needs to be well organized, and be comfortable communicating information to individuals and groups, orally and in writing, in a highly diplomatic fashion.
• 10 hours per week. $10/hr
• Initial funding for spring season of 2017 only
Please note that this is a part time position with a possibility of extension with successful grant applications
Application deadline is Friday, March 10, 2017.
Email cover letter and resume to Jeannette Beranger. No phone calls please.
The Livestock Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer