SE2SE Bodacious Bag Challenge Info
All bags qualify for this Challenge! You pick the SE2SE breed(s), style, size, and pattern. Make anything from a beach bag, tote, bucket, crossbody, market, messenger, satchel, barrel, saddle, hobo, envelope, clutch, fold-over, phone, wristlet, coin or treasure pouch with any of the 24 breeds on our Conservation Priority List. Single or combined breed projects are allowed and minor non-wool embellishments are welcome.
Margaret Radcliffe (MaggiesRags.com) will lead this challenge on ZOOM and Facebook Live for three consecutive Tuesdays, at 3:00 PM Eastern, in June. Dates and topics are as follows:
- Week 1, Tuesday, June 7, 2022 – Getting Started with Fiber Selection, Bag Style, and Pick-a-Pattern or Design Your Own
- Week 2, Tuesday, June 14, 2022 – Detailing Your Bag with Stitches, Straps, and Closures
- Week 3, Tuesday, June 21, 2022 – Finishing, Felting, and Fulling Your Bag, Q & A, Project Showcase
- Your BODACIOUS BAG must be constructed of 100% rare wool from one or more breeds on The Livestock Conservancy’s Conservation Priority List (CPL). Any embellishments may not constitute more than 10% of the total project. Embellishments may include handles, straps, zippers, buckles, buttons, magnets, tassels, etc.
- Your fiber must be purchased from an official SE2SE Fiber Provider listed in the online Breeders and Products Directory.
Please check your confirmation email, sent upon your enrollment, for full challenge details.
Challenge Facebook Group
Challenge Zoom Links and Videos
Tuesday, June 7, 3 pm EST – Getting Started with Fiber Selection, Bag Style, and Pick-a-Pattern or Design Your Own
Tuesday, June 14, 3 pm EST – Detailing Your Bag with Stitches, Straps, and Closures
Tuesday, June 21, 3:15 pm EST – Finishing, Felting, and Fulling Your Bag, Q & A, Project Showcase